Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton IS Says Malware blocked from this site

• Please log in to reply

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
It will be open but it didnt stick for me,I just placed G2G into the trusted IP Range of NIS!

Sorry about that but I think this is a Norton Versus G2G Server issue from a recent update with Norton!

They had obviously heard of this issue recently!

Advertisements

MarcL

MarcL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi Cretemonster,

I'm back. Same thing here. It did not help. Looks like I'll go down the same road as you -- this does not appear to be malware related.

While I'm here, I did notice something bizarre in the Program Control list. There is one program in there called "Buddy", identified as C:\Windows\apunqtlromi.exe. It's internet access is blocked. I had a series of Malware infections some time ago, because I inadvertedly had reduced my security settings, and this site helped me clean it up. Is this a legitimate program, or is it a remnant of the infection that I once had?

Again, thanks for your help.

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Those will linger there until you actually remove them!

Gives you a good look at what was there,atleast we hope its gone?

Have you checked the Program Files folder completely,every folder inside there?

The Common Files folder can hold a few in it!

Looked in Add\Remove Programs?

I was speechless the first time I did my teenagers PC!! :tazz:

Just check the System real good!

Our issue with this site is strictly Norton related!

MarcL

MarcL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi again,

This may sound dumb, but I can't figure out how to "place G2G into the trusted IP Range of NIS".

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Let it block the IP then go to Intrusion Detection and look there for the exact IP Address!

Close that out and go to Firewall>> Networking and look towards the bottom of the page and use the single address feature!

MarcL

MarcL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks Cretemonster for your help. That worked. ;) I guess you can close the topic, especially since it is not a malware issue. I'll send you a contribution shortly (just spending an hour on tech support with Symantec is worth something :tazz: )