Word docs opening as WordPad docs
Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:07 AM
Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:48 AM
First things first, let's check your file associations.
I see that you have Windows XP, so follow these steps:
- Open My Computer
- Click Tools then Folder Options
- Click the File Types tab and allow the list to populate
- Scroll down the list until you find the word DOC
If it says anything other than Microsoft Word Document, do the following:
- Single-click on the entry for DOC
- Under the section Details for 'DOC' Extention, click Change
- In the list that pops up, find the one that refers to Microsoft Word. Single-click to select it and click OK
- Make sure that it now refers the DOC extension to Microsoft Word and click Close.
Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:22 AM
Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:58 AM
Now a Question: where are you moving the file to? If you drag an item to another disk (or network location), it is copied, not moved. To move the item, press and hold down SHIFT while dragging.
Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:14 AM
Thanks for any ideas you have, it would be great if I could get my "work" user account to work the same as my original user account.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users