Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Access 2003

• Please log in to reply

DanSimp

DanSimp

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've created a form which contains 2 fields:

* 1st field is a textbox called get1st
* 2nd field is a combo box called get2nd

The source for get2nd comes from a single column table called table1 whos only field is called field1.

The value input in the get1st field alters the rows in the table table1 (code on get1st afterupdate).

The combo box options on get2nd are correct intially (when a value is 1st entered into get1st), however....

when get1st is then updated, the combo values still retain their original values :tazz:

Is there anyway of forcing get2nd to use the current values stored in the table table1, rarther than an intial snapshot?

Let me know if you need more details, or a copy of the VB code.

Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisements

DanSimp

DanSimp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
found out how

Me.Refresh

forces the datasource snapshot to be got again, simple

edit: or better still <fieldname>.requery

reason why its better: it only recreates the combo box's listed options and doesn't make access think that 2 or more users are altering the same record

Edited by DanSimp, 13 July 2005 - 04:41 AM.