Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PS/2 Compatible mouse problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well...i'm using an all purpose Compaq mouse...and it's been acting up as of late. Sometimes, the mouse is stuck at the top of the screen, allowing only horizontal movement. At the same time, the mouse pointer can be seen moving erratically in a vertical motion.

At some times, the mouse stops working all together. I tired using my other mouse, but the computer doesn't even seem to detect it. What is the matter with my mouse?

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Is this a mouse with a track ball or is it an optical mouse? A track ball mouse needs to be cleaned. If you don't know how, do a google search and you will find detailed instructions.

If it is an optical mouse? Could be the driver, could be lots of things, bad or intermittent wire or connector....

Edited by austin_o, 28 June 2005 - 07:32 AM.