Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows explorer nightmare

• Please log in to reply

Tracski5

Tracski5

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an issue on my pc that I cant find any help on it at Microsoft Support. I am afraid I can not copy and past any error messages I have received because it is just not cooperating.

When trying to open Internet explorer or "My computer" it get an error-
"Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvience" When I click or reprot details

AppName:explorer.exe ModName oel32.dll
ModVer5.1.2600.2595 Code Oxc0000005

Any ideas? I know this is generic-but this is really all the info the computer will give me.

Advertisements

tim.s

tim.s

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I had a problem for months with windows explorer and it shutting down whenever I used a right click. Then Dr. Watson would start up and freeze so I had to shut that down in task manager to free up the computer. I came here and did the scans but it didn't help. I had it boiled down to either bad ram, over heating, a bad program I had installed or just reinstall windows xp and start over. On reviewing many Cnet posts I was directed to ShellExView and it solved my problem .

http://www.nirsoft.n...s/shexview.html

Hope it helps,
Tim