Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card queries

• Please log in to reply

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I'm building a system, and bought an EVGA Geforce 6800 256 mb card for around $250.

I'm curious, with the new series of cards being released, how big of a price drop do you think will occur?

I ask becuase I'm thinking about getting another 6800 to run in SLI (my motherboard supports it), after the price goes down.

Or,

Should I just sell the card and buy a BFG6800gt OC when the price drops?

So what are the predicted prices on these two cards after the drop? When will the drop occur? And which is the best route to take?

Muchos gracias.

Edited by Metalive, 22 June 2005 - 09:14 AM.

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Bump eh?

Metalive

Metalive

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Anyone?

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Just keeps the card and when the price drop comes buy another evga 6800. The BFG overclock is not really that big of deal. I have one and dont notice a giant difference.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
:tazz: ;) I would go for the ATI RADEON X850 tremendous graphics trust i have it i think it runs better than 6800 because the GEFORCE FX5600 is about the same really

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
do not get the x850 it cannot run sli and your mobo supports it! This guy nathen should read the whole post before replying. Anyways the 6800 outperforms the x850 on ever game except UT2004, just because its made for ATI.

Metalive

Metalive

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Ok, I'll stick with what I have, thanks.