Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Crashes/mouse chugs along

• Please log in to reply

abone114

abone114

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
hows it going?? not too well for me. i was recently working in maya and my computer kept crashing... i think i just need to uninstall and re install the program. what really bugged me was when i turned my pc back on, the mouse chugged across the screen, it wasnt smooth at all, and i couldnt click on anything, and the entire computer was running very very slow. i rebooted in safe mode and ran a couple of spyware programs and deleted some things from the add/remove programs list. when i booted back into normal windows it ran fine... what caused this problem??? does anyone know?

thanks a lot

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
What probably caused the problem was the spyware its self. It can cause alot damage it also slows the internet down tremendously and it really sucks to have your computer run down by all that stuff. I cant really tell you for sure that it was the spyware maybe it was just one of those things and you got lucky by restarting. All I am trying to say is spyware can have an effect on your computer, the problem could of also been (because you said you uninstalled a few programs) the programs that were loaded that might have had a missing file or something. I hope this answers your problem.