Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot access hotmail account

• Please log in to reply

kkb

kkb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yesterday something weird happened to my hotmail account. I went to log in and got the usual screen. But when I filled it out I was taken to one of those boxes with letters and numbers and told to copy them, which I did. I was then thrown back to the sign in screen, but when I filled it out and clicked sign in, I got that magic box again! The cycle went on and on, and I still cannot access my email.

I even changed my password but the problem remains. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

kayakxu2

kayakxu2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I've got the same exact problem. Two of my hotmail accounts are fine, and I can get into Messenger and My MSN on the third account, but I can't get into the Hotmail Account. It keeps cycling back to tha same "Match The Characters" page.
So far I have tried the following, ran Spybot, Ad-aware, Norton Antivirus, Reset my cable modem and Router, disabled my firewall (Zone Alarm), and Antivirus (Norton) to no avail. This is the 5th day, and still no access. If you figure it out, please let me know. I posted the same problem several days ago "Cannot Access Hotmail" and got no help.

kkb

kkb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I "may" have solved this one. Here is what I did today:

I went to another computer, one that runs Windows ME and uses ZoneAlarm (I used XP and McAfee firewall).

When I tried to sign in on that other computer I once again got the magic box of numbers and letters. BUT, this time, after typing in what I saw, I was taken to my mailbox!!! The cycle was broken.

I then went back to my own pc, and tried to log in; no magic box, and I was able to read my emails.

So maybe you could try another computer, as different from yours as can be, and try signing in again.

kayakxu2

kayakxu2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I finally accessed my Hotmail account!!!! I used the computer at work - went to the Hotmail site, logged in, got the "Match The Characters" screen, filled it out, then my Hotmail account magically opened, read my mail, then logged out. I then went home, and tried to open it on my home computer, in my normal way( logged in), and it took me straight to my Hotmail account, finally. Wow, what an ordeal. Hope this helps you, whoever you are!!! :tazz:

kayakxu2

kayakxu2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry, didn't read your post first, I guess we both figured it out on our own, It was nice knowing that I had company though! Thanks for getting back with me.