Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crazy Computer

• Please log in to reply

ktheurer

ktheurer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am checking a client computer, and it simply doesnīt turn on at first try. I have to turn off and turn it on immediately and then it turns on. I let the computer on for 3 days in a row, and it didnīt fail. It also doesnīt recover from a restart from Windows. THE PROBLEM: Whe you turn it on or restart all the fans and leds turn on, but nothing appears on the monitor screen and there are no beeps from the motherboard, but if you turn it off and on again, then the computer starts normally and the operating system is loading withput any problems.

The system is:
- Processor: Celeron 600 Mhz
- RAM: 128 MB
- Motherboard: PC Chips M754, video, sound card, faxmodem included
- PCI 10/100 network card
- Operating System: Windows 98

What I have done:

- Changed the power supply (ATX)
- Changes memory modules
- Changes BIOS battery (CMOS battery)
- It is not temperature, the problem appears when you just turn on the computer in the morning, or when you send it to restart, the Windows closes, the computer restart and thatīs all, the same problem.

I hope someone can help me.

I know the solution is to change the mainboard but there are no mainboards for socket 370 in the market.

Advertisements

Beast

Beast

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Last time I experiended this, the problem was dust. Using some canned air (found in electronics shops) fixed the problem nicely. Hope this works for you, too.

/Rob