Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problems - Need Help

• Please log in to reply

Struz

Struz

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I had Window XP Home Edition on my pc but I recently had some problems with it after the power went out while the pc was on. I tried several things to fix it but the only thing that worked was installing Windows XP Professional (my brother-in-law had a copy on cd).

That seemed to fix the pc but now I can't get 2 of my 3 printers to work.
Two (HP Deskjet 820Cse & Lexmark Z11) are on a A/B switch going to the pc with a printer cable.
The 3rd is a Canon photo printer that uses a USB cable. The Canon is the only one I can get to work.

We added the printers & installed the drivers from their websites. Both printers show up but when you try to print anything from either on nothing prints, not even a test page. I tried not using the A/B switch and going directly from the pc to the printer with one printer cable but that didn't work either.

Both of these printers worked on this pc when I was running the Home Edition of XP.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Advertisements