Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't access folder. Please help.

• Please log in to reply

mantziafasoula

mantziafasoula

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To whoever is reading this i really need help. A colleague of mine had very important data nad information in his laptop, info and utilities that are essential for my dissertation. Through a LAN he transferred the folder containing all of this in his external hard drive and gave it to me. When i connected the drive via USB to my desktop this particular folder denied me access. When i click on properties it shows me that its contents is 0 bytes. I have tried changing sharing and security options but the message is always the same "I:\ New Folder is not accessible. Access is denied." My friend is one away and will not return for a few weeks but i need the info ASAP. What am i to do? I anyone can help please?

Advertisements

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Sounds like somthing messed up in the transfer, it may not saved right (Your using a USB Keychain HD????)