Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weak signal and disconnect problems

• Please log in to reply

sofisdad

sofisdad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Linksys router on an XP computer hooked up to cable modem. I use it for a wireless laptop.

The problem is that the laptop will disconnect or carry only a very weak signal during the hours of about 7 and 11 at night. I live in an apartment building and during these hours the connection fades in and out. Obviously this is due to someone using a similar frequency to the one that we are using which is causing a problem.

I was told that it may be a wireless phone running on the same frequency which is causing the problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? thanks in advance

Advertisements

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I had this exact problem, (well not EXACT) I think that you can change the beakens under the IP Config (go to the ip in ur system) so that it chanels in yours only?