Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hey everyone,

Actually I don't know if this is the correct fourm but I was wondering about Cpanel, is it worth the $450.00+ to ge the licence? Or are there cheaper ones that do the same thing..

If your wondering why im asking this is im trying to host a Linux web hosting Server ;) Needed there to

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,490 posts
You can also lease cPanel monthly (about $25/mo). As I stated in your other topic, a reseller account would probably be a better alternative for you.

There are cheaper alternative control panels, but cPanel is the best IMO.

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Preferably, I'm a fan of Ensim. Its about half the price last time I looked and its I/O system is lightyears ahead of its compeditors. I used CPanel on one of my servers then got rid of it. It wasn't worth the hassle. Ensim is a Installshield Wizard to install, and sets up so much easier.

If you want something free, you can always program your own scripts for this purpose. For Windows, ASP.Net is rumored to have Windows API functionality. I've never tried but you can have fun with that.