Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware prob.

• Please log in to reply

collrest

collrest

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
there is something wrong. i cant seem to find wat harddrive that causing it.

it show a blue screen taht i got a hardware and i need to disable it but i dont witch one that casuing it. and i just update my video card that catalyast thingy. now i got a blue screen showing that it in a loop thingy and sometime in radom in show an error and my destop look like a screen from the oldest computer graphic and lowest resoulution.

i got so many things wrong with my comp!!!! :tazz: ;) ;)

srry for my spelling errors i had to do this in a rush on the libirary comp.

Advertisements

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Make sure all the drivers are UP TO DATE! If you can't acsess the computer with normal mode go into safe mode.. (F8 while booting, select!)

collrest

collrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Make sure all the drivers are UP TO DATE! If you can't acsess the computer with normal mode go into safe mode.. (F8 while booting, select!)

View Post

i can acess my normal mode. but how do i update all my drivers. mircosoft update... if that the case.. then it show nothing for my drivers to be updated :tazz:

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I would suggest trying to reinstall the drivers in safe mode. Perhaps the install didn't go well. If that doesn't work as long as you're using Windows XP you can roll back the driver. What OS are you using?

collrest

collrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
window xp home

djoanna

djoanna

• Pip
  • 8 posts
in windows xp home.. usually blue screen error are causd by the wrong driver or update made in any of the drivers... try to get the error number or code.. if its kernel... or whatever...

try to repair the OS.. (wnXp) just use the cd,,, boot your PC in a cd but before you do that it is better to removed your modem in your PC if its not integrated, and also try to reseaat the video card since you told me that its causing a pale color, once you finish repairing , reboot your PC and see it its able now to open your normal windows..
verify also if there's unnecessary noise coming from the CPU....

do the backup if you are still able to backup some important files in your PC.

have a good day!!

collrest

collrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
k i formated my hard drive and install window xp home and everthing thing work fine but i now have to find a new key to activate it :tazz: this sucks and it the only way i can fix my comp ;)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

k i formated my hard drive and install window xp home and everthing thing work fine but i now have to find a new key to activate it :tazz: this sucks and it the only way i can fix my comp ;)

View Post

What do you mean by "find a new key to activate it" ??

Murray

collrest

collrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
u know that when u used the acitivation key once u cant use it again. so i need to look for another one so my comp wont let me in the comp in 30 days trial......... if u dont understand what im talking about. im very srry. it hard for me to explain it cuz im just 14 years old and know a lot of computer things

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
If the key is legal you can use it again.. You will just have to phone Microsoft to get the activation code!!

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 02 July 2005 - 05:18 PM.

Advertisements

collrest

collrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
dont i have to be 18 and older to call?

thxs for the fast reply

Edited by collrest, 02 July 2005 - 05:22 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not as far as I know.. Have one of your parents make the call if you are unsure!!

Murray

collrest

collrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
well my dad (dont thing he going to help) is out and my mom...... i dont think she will help me cuz she will think that i had destroy my comp

Edited by collrest, 02 July 2005 - 05:25 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Then you will have to do it yourself..

Murray

djoanna

djoanna

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hey for the "key" that you are referring is a serial number of WinXP right???

murray is right you have to call the Microsoft in order to get the Generic Serial Number of WINXP since that is their product.. if your computer is a product of Dell , i believed that they are also giving a Generic Serial Number and its just a phone call away...