Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen problems

• Please log in to reply

pressuredrop

pressuredrop

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently created a new partition on my HD and yesterday installed xp onto it. Now, I got a message saying I had spyware on my PC so using msconfig I rebooted into safe mode, but now when it boots up it goes to the blue screen of death. It doesn't matter what mode I try to use, i get the same message on the blue screen which includes the following:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF7A83354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x80512922)

Please help

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Press F8 b4 winXp boot screen appears. Choose "Start Windows with Last known good configuration". And this time instead of removing the spyware manually. Use any of the anti-spyware programs

pressuredrop

pressuredrop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've tried all the options, safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with prompt command, last known good configuration and normal and none of them work. It just goes back to the blue screen.