Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restarting When cpus running at 2.2ghz

• Please log in to reply

Azmodie

Azmodie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi and just to thank anyone who looks at this post, dont know if its in the right place iv only just registerd, but the prob is my cpu is a AMD *OEM* Athlon XP 3200+ *400 FSB* Barton (2.20GHz) but when its in my computer if i run it at 2.2ghz i get blue screen errors after maybe 10mins of me being in say a game or even just clicking around my pc, theres never been any probs i have sent my cpu and motherboard back as i got them for each other to see whats the prob, the company i got them from is Scan computers www.scan.co.uk and they said there was a prob on my motherboard so i thort wow ill get it back and maybe things will go as smooth as they should, this was a year ago, yea i know i should upgrade my pc but after spanding £100 or so its nice to get what you paid for and still i cant run my cpu at 2.2ghz the only time it will work is at 1.833ghz which im not very happy about, i dont know how i could give you my full pc specs but if you know of any reasons to as why it wont work at full speed id be glad to know, as of now im going to buy a 600w power supply to see if its just the fact my pcs power supply wont run it for long, dont know if it can be a prob but its worth a try. thanks agian to anyone who can help me and thanks to most people on this forum for sorting out a lot of probs i had with virus's and so on, and the xp tweeks was greatly appreaciated

Thanks Kyle

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
That is a period. It is your friend :tazz:

Anyway, what exactly is the blue screen error? Stop: ???????????????

That would be a good place to start.

From what I can gather, this occured with both the old motherboard and new one? Now, it it simply rebooted, I might speculate voltage is inadequate, but the blue screen is likely something else. Is the memory intended for this motherboard? Motherboards that list recommended motherboard do so for a reason, and I find some very odd problems that trace back to this.

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
lol well thanks for the whole fullstop thing, if i told you i didnt go to school would that help you understand my grammer and spelling, also i am dislexic but forget all that, right my motherboard i orderd is the same one im using now but i sent it back along with my cpu cus after a few weeks the whole pc stoped starting, so they sent me the same board back and the cpu, the stop messages i get are normaly something to do with a win32k.sys kmixer.sys iv also had stuff with my onboard sound but, i never get a error message when the pc is running at 1.833ghz no probs at all and the onboard sounds i thinks to do with msi, it sticks nforce2 drivers on my motherboard and puts the wrong sound drivers on which i have since changed and now works fine, the memory my motherboard takes is just non ecc, which both my ram sticks are, lets just say iv upgraded everything since last year except my motherboard and cpu, untill i get it sorted i wont cus i aint waisting cash for no reason i might have well just thrown it away if thats the case, my current power supply is a mercury 250w << i know i need a better one maybe this is the prob but why blue screens? none at 1.833 loads at 2.2ghz thanks agian and please dont say anything about my grammer its a touchy subject :tazz: <not ment to sound nasty or bad hehe i hope its not offended you

thanks kyle

Edited by Azmodie, 23 June 2005 - 09:00 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the two files you mentioned are usually associated with bad drivers, but I would really like to know the Stop: NUMBER to make a better diagnosis.

what kind of motherboard? Model and make?

Have you visited the manufacturer site and checked for the most recent drivers only on their site? Nvidia makes newer ones, but stick with the motherboard supplied ones at first.

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR- nForce 2, ATX, DDDR400, 10/100 Lan, USB 2.0, 6Ch Audio, IDE, SATA Raid

Manufacturer: MSI

Form Factor: ATX Form Factor
30.5 x 23 cm

CPU Socket: Supports Socket A (Socket 462) for AMD® Athlon™ XP/ Athlon™/Duron™ processor
Supports up to Athlon™ XP 3000+ processor or higher

Front Side Bus (FSB): 200/266/333/400Mhz FSB

Chipset: nVIDIA® nForce2 SPP Chipset
nVIDIA® nForce2 MCP2-T Chipset

Memory Type: Supports six memory banks using three 184-pin DDR DIMMs
Support Dual channel PC3200/2700/2100/1600 DDR SDRAMs
Supports both 64-bit and 128-bit DDR SDRAM
Maximum memory size of 3GB

AGP type: 1 x AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 1.5V 4X/8X slot

USB2.0: Yes

Firewire: No

Audio: - Realtek ALC650 6-channel audio
Dolby Digital 5.1 format (with MCP2-T option)

LAN: - Chipset integrated 10/100 Base-T Ethernet/Fast Ethernet

SATA: No

Onboard IDE/RAID: - An IDE controller on the MCP2/MCP2-T chipset provides IDE HDD/CDROM with PIO,
Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66 operation modes
Can connect up to four IDE devices

VGA onboard: No

SCSI: No

PCI Slots: 5
1 x ACR (Advanced Communication Riser) slot

Back Panel I/0: 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x Parallel Port
1 x Serial Port
4 x USB
1 x RJ-45 Lan Connector
3 holes Audio connector (Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in)

Internal I/O Connectors: 1 x floppy port that supports two FDD with 360KB, 720KB, 1.44MB and 2.88MB
1 x D-Bracket2 pinheader
1 x S-Bracket pinheader

The memory i use is: 512 Mb Corsair Value Select, DDR, PC3200, non ECC, and a 256 Mb Corsair Value Select, DDR, PC3200, non ECC.

Right as for the stop messages ill go and clock my cpu up to 2.2ghz and let the pc crash so i might be about 10 to 20 mins replying but ill be here all day and night till its either fixed or i know the prob, and i do appreciate all the help so thanks a lot.

Thanks agian Kyle

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
waiting for the STOP error number

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
alright the pcs decided that it wont blue screen, but i still have probs with playing games, shuts them down but i dont know if you can help with those probs norm its error messgaes applecation bleh bleh the memory at such and such cant read at such and such 2times its happend so far but its hard to get to the errors as they happen in fullscreen games and when i exit to the desktop it get rid or em iv only seen it once, im gonna keep trying to get that error and see if in the process the pc dies, i feel im waisting your time as today the pcs running without the blue screens but still the applecation probs, when running it on 2.2ghz

sorry for the trouble and sorry if you think im waisting your time,

kyle

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

For games, they will be in application

Game crashes are almost always driver related, sometimes memory related.

Did you do a memory test? http://www.memtest86.com/

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
alright i aint done a mem test going to do it after this, but so far theres this rex x and i dont even think it warned me about it but its says this

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer QUARK-DGCTTNHF9 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{47B2A1D5-B5E. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

and game wise its

Application popup: Counter-Strike Source: hl2.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x2417a02b" referenced memory at "0x00e82ed0". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

going to do the mem test hope this helps << i dont have any floppys and its all a bit confusing 0_O

Edited by Azmodie, 23 June 2005 - 09:58 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the first error is normal when you are on a network and you turn a new computer on....each workgroup has a master browser that keeps a record of where alll the fodler shares are and what is in them....this is the master browser.

When a PC is added to the workgroup, the all talk to each other in the background and hold an election to elect a new master browser. Don't worry about this error

The second one is of course halflife crashing. DId you update halflife 2 to the latest patches?

Advertisements

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
no i dont even use halflife 2, and agian while its in 1.8ghz i have no probs at all so having halflife 2 installed i dont thinks gonna help but just to be certen its now installing, and thanks for letting me know what the other one is.

14mins till Half-Life2 is updated

then ill run and see how things go

Edited by Azmodie, 23 June 2005 - 10:17 AM.

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
okies i had a blue screen error and i wrote it down

STOP 0x000000D1 ( 0x00008328, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf6ab0d5f)

ALCXWDM.SYS

i think this is the current driver i have for my onboard sound, its the latest virsion and i get no faults when the computer is running at 1.833ghz to be honest i think half the porbs will be to do with my power supply, if i let MIS put its sound drivers on games when im in game sound will increse speed by 2 and go all fuzzy for about a min or so, then its fine then its not and so on

thanks for all the help so far

Kyle

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi there i was just wondering if you know what this is

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000400, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf7372a96). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062305-02.dmp.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you download these:

http://www.msi.com.t...?UID=617&kind=1

Azmodie

Azmodie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
iv been and downloaded driver off this site before but i dont know if i have these ill know once iv downloaded em tak 2min at this rate but at the moment i want to know what the Ndis.sys prob is the stop is the one above cus i just got it agian, but this is running at 1.833ghz so im kinda miffed lol thanks for the link and ill try the drivers, but these ones will cause my sound to go weird but hay maybe not, (norm do) no these are cool no audio drivers heh :tazz:

thanks for all the help so far, might not have got to the prob but its nice to know someones trying to help me

Edited by Azmodie, 23 June 2005 - 03:28 PM.