Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Excel 2000 cell only updates on save

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a computer that some workbooks have this problem, but not new ones. The problem is that cells on the effected workbooks that contain formulas will not update with the proper value until I save the workbook.

To demonstrate what I mean, if you open a new workbook and type in values for a1 and a2, then have the formula =a1+a2 in cell a3, it will automatically update as you change the values in a1 or a2. My issue is that if I change values (either, or both, and on my actual workbooks it does not matter how many I change) the value in a3 will not update until I save. Once I save it reflects the changes.

In the effected workbooks I can create new formula cells and it has the same problem. This problem started about 1 week ago, and even some workbooks that I haven't used during that time are now effected as well.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Pressing the F9 key should recalculate the worksheet. Also try checking that the Automatic radio button is set in Tools/Options/Calculation tab.

Edited by Octagonal, 25 June 2005 - 11:49 PM.