Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Laptop Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

rowdy

rowdy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm having a hassle with a Toshiba Satellite 4060XCDT. It similar to greddy09sc's post below. The system seems to power up, but there is no display, and doesn't seem to be any HDD activity. No bios screen or beeps either. The CDROM works but the floppy doesn't. I went to the Toshiba support site and checked there. I did all the Fn button business, tried all the options to get into the bios tried to boot it using a Knoppix boot disc and a Win98se boot disk. With Knoppix I can hear the CD power on and spin, then it quits. With the 98 disc nothing at all. It appears that there are several ways to password protect this beast. I know none of the passwords. I bought it at an auction. Anyone know how to get it to boot? I am trying to avoid taking it apart to remove the battery to clear the CMOS, I'm assuming there must be one. I haven't had a lot of luck with laptops in the past. <_<
Oh, one other thing, Conga-rats Johnny Rotten on your new job. :D

Advertisements