Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i have networking issues..........

• Please log in to reply

Josiah_Fordahl

Josiah_Fordahl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
whats that mean?

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I will assume dsennette is talking about ITT Technical Institute? If so, it's a college for Information Technology trades. Basically the same that I did, except I went to ECPI Technical College. If you are interested in the networking field, I would recommend one of those schools, or one like it. I was able to attend 2 years and obtain an AS degree in CIS, and certified by the authorities referred to in my sig. I am currently working on obtaining my MCSA and CCNA using reference material that was gained from classes at college. Depending on what school you go to, sometimes those certifications can be taken at an EXTREME percentage off. Example, the CompTIA A+ was/is $290, this consists of 2 exams at $145 each. Using 2 of my 3 "vouchers" that school offers me, I was able to take each exam for only $15. That's about a 90% discount. Microsoft also offers special deals on their MCSA/MCSE exams to students. Normally the tests are $125, I think, for students right now, they are only $60. So if you think that networking would be a field that you would be interested in, I will warn you, THERE IS A LOT TO LEARN!!! But if it floats your boat, I suggest go for it.

Greazy Mcgeezy