Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hijacked Wallpaper-White/Grey Flashing [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

je122387

je122387

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My wallpaper was hijacked. It flashes between a white and light grey color. Also when I right click and go to properties, there is only a general tab. I infer it is a trojan that just puts this on top of my wallpaper. I have used CWS shredder, About Buster, AdSpy, HS Remove, Spyware Doctor, SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, Cleanup, hijack this, and Trend Micro as well as Panda online. Nothing works. What do I do to remove this annoying wallpaper?

Here is my log...

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ncca.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KavSvc] C:\WINDOWS\System32\vaazlp.exe reg_run
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

Please help. Thanks

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi je122387 and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.

I need you to post a fresh HiJackthis log. From the very top to the very bottom ;)

Before you do anything else, please create a folder for HijackThis and put it in a permanent folder (like C:\HJT) instead of the Temp folder. This is required because HijackThis will create backups and we don't want them to be deleted

How to make a permanent folder:

Click "My Computer", then "C:\" and then on "Program Files".
In the menu bar, "File"->"New"->"Folder".
That will create a folder named "New Folder", which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
Now you have "C:\Program Files\HijackThis". Put your HijackThis.exe there.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.