Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good AGP supported motherboard for socket 939 CPU?

• Please log in to reply

twotoes

twotoes

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm looking to eventually upgrade my entire comp. within the next month or so, once i save up enough money

problem is i really, really want to play battlefield 2 right now, since ive been playing the battlefield line of games for a long time now, but my current graphics card isnt supported by the game.

i figured i could go out and get a new agp card and just use that in my system for the time being, but i dont want to spend money on something if i cant find a nice mobo once i eventually build my machine.

the machine im putting together is most likely going to either be an athlon 64 3800+ or a new FX55, i havent decided yet.

do they even make a decent mb with agp that will support these cards? i was originally planning for pci-e, but that might not be happening now.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
no dont even consider buying a new agp board as you will have to scrap it if you want a new gfx card they have stopped making AGP cards. My advice get a cheap 5 series card for your old pc and just build your new one as planned at least you will have two decent pcs you can always flog the old one later.