Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer doesnt start up

• Please log in to reply

bruklo

bruklo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a IBM Thinkpad 770ed and my brother borrowed it to watch a DVD, and when he put the DVD in and started it (Lion King) he said after a while the DVD got stuck than it shut down. Now it will not start up. It starts to run than nothing happens, everything stops. I am wits end, is there anything I can do? Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to geekstogo
Is the dvd still stuck in you cd rom drive?
<_<

bruklo

bruklo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I removed the cd rom and battery. I can hear the computer start up like it usually does than after about 3 seconds than it shuts down or I should say it does not shut down it stops loading. There are no beeps or nothing else happens. Thevolume icon is blinkingon the little display on the keyboard. I hope this helps out a little more.

bruklo

bruklo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just found out my neice had the computer on and than covered it with pillows as my brother was driving. It sounds like it might have overheated. But now it does not even start up. Is there any hope of it working again?

bruklo

bruklo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I forgot to say when I say it I meen the whole computer

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like some type of hardware problem. <_< Probably not something you're going to be able to fix yourself.

Likely a power supply problem. Your computer has pretty good protection against overheating, but it's possible the CPU or mobo could have been damaged. I'd suggest you bring it to an authorized IBM repair facility.