Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

no sound

• Please log in to reply

Sohni

Sohni

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Attached File  Report.htm   155.66KB   59 downloadshi suddenly no sound in my computer since june13,after i got a spyware in email.AAWTMP AND FVPROTECT.

I have run everest and sending u a report ,please help....

Advertisements

techroy

techroy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Assuming that the spyware caused it and that there are no other spywares on your system now, try uninstalling your drivers from safe mode and just reinstall it from whatever disk your manufacturer should have supplied you with.

Chronos0001

Chronos0001

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey there, also go to the control panel under the Device manager.
See if there is an icon on your multimedia menu tree. Like an exclamation mark, or an "x".
Right click on it and Windows will tell you if it has a conflict. It will also tell you the version of drivers you are using.
Do update your drivers from the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) home page for the type of hardware you have.

Finally, I have found that removing your multimedia out of the device manager forces a reload from the installation CD ( make sure you have that before you try this). And the sound files should re-install.

On a side note, if your sound card is a legacy card, (Not Plug and Play) you may have to assign the resources to it for it to be recognized in the system. A resource conflict would cause your system to lock up when the conflicting resources are used simultaneously. But if your sound card never gets the chance to come up, then maybe the resources assigned to it is in constant use.

I know there is alot of info here, but follow the thread I have laid out from top to bottom.

Good luck.