Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

City of heros

• Please log in to reply

fredtaylor

fredtaylor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Last year i had bought city of heros and was playing it fine on my computer(then it was amd ath 1800+ and a gforce 4 mx 440) and it played fine with no lag at half specs. Just recently i decided to renew my account. As i was playing i was getting unplayable lag(my new comp is 512 ram amd ath 2500+ and a nvidia fx 5200 ultra). i shut down all prgrams running on my computer did a spybot/ad wear remover and removed 175 infections added it to the exception list to the windows fire wall and got my max cpu temp down from 125 to 109 degrees F, yet im still getting lag. Im sorry for the wall of text but is there anything else i can do, like check my innternet conection to mak sure its up to par? thanks in advance

I just ran a bandwidth tester and im getting 4.28 mbps

Edited by fredtaylor, 24 June 2005 - 01:10 AM.

Advertisements

hvc801

hvc801

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
your bandwidth sounds fine.. And so does your game specs. Hmmm,If you get lag all the time, maybe it has been the game servers .... maybe they have just been recently laggy, anyways if the problem continues, check and make sure that nothing huge is running on the computer, ctrl alt delet and check it out.