Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer and profiles on XP

• Please log in to reply

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
Hi guys

this is a quick question.
is there any settings which effect the operation of Internet Explorer that do not depend on what profile you are logged in with?
in simple terms, are there any settings that effect all users in general on IE and what are they?

thanks chaps :tazz:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you have the admin account, you can limit users' rights to download etc but I'm not sure what you mean by "settings". Do you mean security settings? Or the part of IE that you can "customize", like "My Favorites"?

Johanna

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
Hi Johana

Thanks for the reply.
I have a user who logs on to one PC and using one website in particular to submit some work, when she submit the outcome isn't matching her submitted form. Its missing details.

If she tries doing the same thing under her logons on a different machine on the same site she can submit fine and the outcome matches her input.

So somwhere there is a setting that is not allowing her to send information to that site, and its profile specific. It could be security issues hence certificates. but other than that I am lost!

I would appreciate any suggestions :tazz: