Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

266 mhz ibm thinkPAD

• Please log in to reply

fozzie99

fozzie99

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old IBM think PAD model 2645U that has a 266Mhz processor. I use this as an old toy for "E"-mail surfing and "E"-mail when I am on the road... Does anyone know how to increase the clock speed on this machine??? I am not aware of how to get into the normal system set-up...When I tap F2 at start-up I just get into the preset IBM dianogistic menu.....
Thanks, S

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
overclocking a laptop is always a bad idea...their cooling systems are very specifically designed for a certain heat range, and overclocking always produce more heat.

overclocking it would require intimate knowledge of the motherboard--perhaps a jumper could be used, or you might have to do some soldering.

Keep your toy as is