Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

chooser problem

• Please log in to reply

rezolution

rezolution

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My beige G3 is having a problem connecting to other computers in the network. When I open chooser and then click on another computer, the G3 locks up. The ethernet card seems to be working because A) I can still connect to the web using my CuteFTP and B) other computers on the network can still connect to me.

Thanks for you help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not familiar with the hardware...is that apple? or is this windows?

rezolution

rezolution

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This is an older mac. They were actually referred to by color, because the "blue and white" G3 was a later version of the G3 and very different.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok. then sorry i cannot help. the only thing that i know about mac is that networking them sucks [bleep].

rezolution

rezolution

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Really? Because I've been networking mine for 8 years and this is the first time I've ever had a problem. I find them much easier to network than PCs. But thanks for your constructive input. I'm so glad I found this useful forum to get assistance with my problem!!

Edited by rezolution, 24 June 2005 - 11:00 AM.

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Just want to make sure, the machine having problems does have Appletalk installed. I know you have probably already checked that considering you have been using it for 8 years. I apologize for my lack of knowledge of Mac. I know they use Appletalk for communicating between each other so I'm guessing that the problem lies somewhere there. Again I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Greazy Mcgeezy

rezolution

rezolution

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked the Appletalk settings. I even tried switching Appletalk to something other than ethernet and then changing it back to get the system to reset, and that didn't help either.

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Man, I wish I knew more about MAC. I have been trying to get my hands on one for years so I would have one to test, practice, etc. on, no luck.

Greazy Mcgeezy