Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

First Self-built Computer Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have built a barebones system (Asus A7N8X motherboard, NVidea MX 420 graphics card, 1 stick 512mb RAM, HD, CD-ROM, Floppy) that I'm unable to finish loading WinXP Home on. The installation gets hung up with either the "IRQ_not_less_or_equal" or "Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" Stop errors.

I've replaced the graphics card and reseated the RAM in a different slot. I've troubleshooted the BSOD stop errors on Google, but still no specific advice to tell me to "get a new RAM card" - or whatever.

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks in advance! <_<

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,490 posts
Have you tried resetting the BIOS to defaults by using the jumper on the motherboard?

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Make sure your windows cd is clean some times if its got finger print on it it will make weird errors