Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCSI Setup with Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

astrophysicist

astrophysicist

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have a GA-8KNXP Ultra-64 (gigabyte) motherboard with an IDE drive attached for booting and housing the OS (Windows XP PRO). The MOBO has a built-in SCSI controller, Adaptec's AIC-7902W, which leads to 2 connections. From one of these connections, I have a ULTRA320 SCSI cable attached to an internal/external converter which is attached to a Digital Equipment Corporation SCSI shelf.

After the computer POST's there is an option "Ctrl-A" to enter SCSI setup. Inside this program the drive plugged into the shelf is recognized, can be verified, and formatted. When I load windows and go to disk manager, there is no pop-up regarding a new drive attached to the system. Its as if Windows is not recognizing there is another drive attached.

Is there some setting I have missed, or something I need to switch in Windows?

Thanks,
Chris

**EDIT**

Sorry about the post, but I have found how to make Windows recognize SCSI - I had to manually go into Add Hardware as it did not recognize it automatically. However, a new problem has happened - The SCS drive is writing slower than my IDE drive! Any suggestions?

Edited by astrophysicist, 24 June 2005 - 12:32 PM.

Advertisements