Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stress Prime 2004 Errors

• Please log in to reply

KGH

KGH

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Hi

I am running (trying to) an AMD 64 4000+; Abit AV8 3rd Eye; 1gig Corsair Twin 3200C2; BFG 6600 GT OC on XP SP 1.

I upgraded to these specs around two weeks ago and have had terrible instability problems since. The machine is primarily used for gaming, but I have not been able to play any of Rome Total War, GTA San Andreas, Brothers In Arms or Battlefield 2 for longer than 5 - 60 mins.

I am continually getting CTD's (a step up from BSOD's I was getting referencing nvd.dsp and win32k.sys - these disappeared upon reinstall of XP).

Temps are: CPU - idle 35-39; load 39-57
System - 27 constant
Power - idle 30; load 40

I am using a Thermaltake Tsunami case with a 92mm side mount fan; 1 x 120mm rear exhaust and 1 x 120mm front intake.

I have flashed the bios, upgraded and rolled back all drivers etc. I ran memtest for 4 hours with no errors but was still getting CTD's so decided to run SP2004 torture test on Small FFT first.

The machine passed the first couple of tests but after running for 47 minutes I got a fatal error while testing Test 1 380000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M291913 using 14k FFT length.

The error read as follows:

"Fatal Error: Rounding was 0.48046875 expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected"

Is anyone able to shed any light on this error and whether it is likely to be responsible for the constant CTD's? I have essentially nothing else installed on the HD except for the OS, Brothers In Arms, Battlefield 2 and now a couple of utilities (such as CPUZ; SP2004 etc). I have not accessed the internet on the gaming machine since reformatting the drive.

Thank you.

Advertisements