Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setup Problems

• Please log in to reply

Tremor_Christ

Tremor_Christ

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Recently i found out that when i try to install some programs or games, when i run the Setup.exe file it just shows that the computer is thinking and that's it.

It wont start the setup program at all, Just think for a sec and then back to normal
What can i do about it?
Pls help me... :tazz:
Thanks in advance
Tremor
;)

Advertisements

Murray

Murray

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am having a similar problem. I am unable to install some new software. In particular I just got SBC/Yahoo DSL.

Trying to install software from CD. It doesn't start to install automatically, so I tried opening via Run and browsed to find setup.exe

Clicking on setup.exe causes the cursor to turn to hourglass briefly, but then nothing happens. I also tried getting into it via my computer. I am able to see what files are on the CD-rom, but cannot run setup.exe. I am also able to get other files to open: read me, graphics files, etc

Why can't I get it to install? What can I do?

BTW: I had this same trouble trying to install SJ Namo WebEditor 6, but I have been able to install some other software titles.

Tremor_Christ

Tremor_Christ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It happened to while trying to install some java software so i could install Avid, But always its just thinking and not doing any thing.
Also when i tried to install a game