Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search Button, Display Properties, Outlook, etc

• Please log in to reply

dsoklepek

dsoklepek

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am having problems with numerous things, that all started occuring at the same time. First I am not able to use the search feature under the start button. I click on search and nothing happens. Also when you go into the control panel and choose display, only the display properties tab is present. There is no screensaver or background. When I choose to create a new email in Outlook it says that Word 2003 is not installed and I will have to use Outlook's editor for emails. However Word is installed and working fine. Also, I am trying to install Microsoft Antispyware and I get an error message. The error says, The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

This all started happening when I was infected with the Aurora virus. That issue has since been cleaned up, but these things still happen. Can anyone out there help me with this?

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Please read http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

============================

We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool HiJackThis, read the short tutorial HERE

Post a log as a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

dsoklepek

dsoklepek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I did all of that when I was infected with the popups. Do you want me to run a HijackThis log for this problem as well and post it here?

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
post it in the malware removal forum, I provided the link already.