Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Printers completely!

• Please log in to reply

Greyhound

Greyhound

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Hewlett Packard G85 which refuses to completely unistall. Everytime I try and reload the driver S/W it states that the installation has already been completed. I have tried going through the registry and getting rid of all Hewlett Packard entries but to no avail. Is there a piece of S/W or advice out there!

Please help...going potty! :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried add remove programs?

Greyhound

Greyhound

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi dsenette,

I have tried all this but the HP installation will not uninstall, and as mentioned, it will not allow me to reinstall. There must be a file that the installation routine looks for on the hard disk that makes the installation S/W think that a valid installation still exists...still scratching my head.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
printers will do that every time

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

1: Clean out your temp folder.. Many installs place files in there for quick use and don't bother cleaning them out..

2: Do a Registry search for anything concerning HP as you have tried already..

3: Go into Windows Explorer>c: drive>Program Files and look for anything named Hewlett Pachard.. Open each one and delete the entire folder if related to the printer in question..

Reboot..

Murray