Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty Multiplayer Problems

• Please log in to reply

{76th}Col.Terminator

{76th}Col.Terminator

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: the multiplayer on my PC isn't working i get that message CoDMP.exe blah blah(error log is being created)??? i already reinstalled the game and my PC isn't overclocking what do i do??

Advertisements

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Can u give me more of the error?

It actually helps us work it out :tazz:

radio667

radio667

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I use to have that same problem with COD MP online , - my zone alarm 's firewall was set to high so i had trouble connecting , but the answer was to set it to medium ( in this stage ZA "learned" or in my case "relearned" what programs i wanted to use online and which ones i wanted blocked out - Hope that helps .

-btw . Im here because i have a new problem with COD online ( D'OH ) On this server were i always play without a problem ( once i solved the old one ) i had a ping of 30 so it was all butter ..until for the past 2 weeks - i been having a very bad Struttering frame rate problem ( frames seem to be sticking all the time - people appear and disappear around me , same with door and walls , plus weird lag here and there ) i tried going to other srevers but no matter what ping i had i still got the same stuttering effect :tazz: -- heres what i have hardware wise .. a pen 4 2.0 , ATI 9800 128mb card , 1 gig of ram - a 15 " BenQ FP557 LCD and a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL Router .. software .. i have ZA firewall and AVG anti viruse ( free verison ) .. if i had to take a guess - im thinking it might be the router , cause i suddenly had a problem connecting with the innernet .. first i thought DSL was down then the cable were faulty , then the modem crapped out but i eventually figured out that the router was acting up ( so far it happened just once in 2 months ) - Hope you guys can help me out cause im at my wits end !!

{76th}Col.Terminator

{76th}Col.Terminator

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: i actually got it working yesterday. i just had to download a patch from activision to get the 1.5 version so i got tiger town and stalingrad as maps now. Unfortunately i'm still having the same problem with the game freezing in the middle of pplaying and my PC rebooting by itself.

(cod playa) DW

(cod playa) DW

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Dhooper u look like a guy how knows his stuff,
just wondering if u cud help me

i have cod and cod UO both work fine but its just my ping

i am on a network with my bro he get s the internet (broadband 256 kb/s) and via a cross over cable i get it too, i have the windows firewall but tht has to be on. it is usually (30 - 100) but just recently it s moved up to 200 + and we can t remember d/l ing anything different. and can u please tell me wat our connection shud be ie; lan/cable/xdsl or idsn or 56 k or 33.6k or <-28.8k
o and can u tell me wat connections of the above 256 kbps would be ?

plz can u help ? :tazz: ;) :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: :woot: :no:
THNX

(cod playa) DW

(cod playa) DW

• Pip
  • 3 posts
or anyboy ?

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
When you start either CoD or CoDUO, go to Muiltplayer Options. Make sure that in the Connections field that LAN/Cable/xDSL is the seleted option if you have anytype of broadband.

ISDN is a type of internet connection that has been replaced by DSL. It uses the phone line the same as DSL, but since it more expensive then DSL there are very little companys that provide ISDN. ISDN is faster the Dialup, but the cost of it is to high for any home user to have, plus the hardware needed for it will cost more the a Cable/DSL modem. For anyone who can recived DSL in the area, that would be the best soultiuon if looking for a broadband connection, with a nice pricetag. As of right now all of the phone companys are upgrading their phone lines from copper to fiber, and the speed will far surpass anything that cable can even supply as of right now.

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Always use LAN/Cable/xDSL

You get a better ping and less lag :tazz:

gatemaster

gatemaster

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I am from Malta

I have a 1Mbit Cable Internet Connection. I reach a download of 150K/s with no problem. My only problem is that when i try to connect to a foreign server with a ping of 50 and i still do not connect! I get the usual and useless message of Awaiting Gamestate and it remains on that message.

I am thinking that problem is the ISP, but i will check more :tazz:

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Make sure you have "allow downloads" on in your config,

Again make sure you have the above setting on your connection.

Advertisements

gatemaster

gatemaster

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Everything working fine, but for a reason or so, at some time of the day I cannot connect to a server.... any server. :thumbsup:

You know when you connect to a sever it tells you 'awaiting challange' and then 'awaiting gamestate' and then it loads the map. :woot:

My problem is that it gets stuck to infinity in awaiting gamestate!

I have installed a Normal Call Of Duty And Call Of Duty United Offensive With The 1.5 Patch and with allow downloads. :tazz:

Does anyone technical tell me what happens when the game is saying 'awaiting gamestate' so i foward it to my ISP? ;)

Thanks a lot ! :cheers:

With the version 1.4 I never had this problem :cheers:

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Awaiting gamestate is when its checking where the game is up to on the server...

I dont know why it would suddenly lock, sometimes there are problems with the master server and the only way to get on is using the CONNECT command from the console...

Can u run just Call Of Dutt ok ?

(cod playa) DW

(cod playa) DW

• Pip
  • 3 posts
thnx guyz,

i always play as LAN and my bro as LAN errr here s a thing it only happens at night like its fine in the morning but gets laggy at night.

thnx anyway ;)
but im still lost :tazz:

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
but why mate, ill help u

UnrealChaos

UnrealChaos

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Please help me!!! ;) :thumbsup:

Ive had Call of duty UO since it came out, never had a problem with it, today i started up teh multiplayer and when the COD multiplayer screen comes up my mouse (not my regular mouse, the COD mouse) like stutters or skips like its laggy or something. This continues once i enter a server as well, ive noticed my in-game ping is a little bit higher than normal in servers too, usually get 60-80 ping. i had 100-200. I turn all of my anti-virus and firewall and whatnot of always. Ive tried playing it in safemode, messing with the COD mouse sensitivity etc.

Please someone tell me how to fix this so i can continue to play one of my favorite games! :tazz: