Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty Multiplayer Problems

• Please log in to reply

dadicted

dadicted

• Pip
  • 4 posts
im having problems w/ my ping when i try to play cod uo online. it varies from the 30s- over 5000. obviously it dosent get any higher then 999 while in the game and i stall out and such. the only things that are running while im in the game is x-fire, and ventrillo. thats about it. i have cable and i have a direct connection from my modem to my computer and to the wall. there is no other computers on my network. is it my computer or my modem. i played this game last year until spring when my hardrive crapped out on me. i got a new hd installed all the patches and map packs theres nothing else i need to upgrade to, but im still having ping problems. i never use to have ping problems. last year i lived on campus, this year i live in an apartment. last year i didnt need a modem, but could connect strait to the wall and never had a problem. i averaged the mid 40s. this year it varies when i check my ping on ventrillo from 30 to the most ive seen it was over 5400. if anybody can diagnose my problem that would help me out alot. this computer is mainly used for surfing and gaming.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
One thing to do is see if you have alot of stuff running in your taskbar. Have you ran a virus and spyware check lately??

Your isp could have a problem also.

Does it just do it on that game?

dadicted

dadicted

• Pip
  • 4 posts
no, it does it all the time, i can check it on ventrillo when im logged in, and my new max is over 8000, but the good news is i figured it out. i ran my virus scans, found nothing, installed another one, and found 5 viruses, cleaned them out, and my ping is mannagable now. some times it jumps, but mostly stays between 50and 300. thats w/ ven and x-fire running.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Try the game with nothing running in the background. No ventrillo, no xfire. The pings should be better and if it is then its probably because your internet service has low upload speed.

Try that.

Staap

Staap

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey all,

When I first installed CoD+UO I had about 25 ping. After about a year, my ping was at 75 so I tried to fix this. Now, after I got rid of spyware and that sort of stuff, I reinstalled windows and CoD again, but still I have a ping from 50-100.

I'm left clueless... can u help me out?

Staap

Staap

• Pip
  • 4 posts
guys? please?

xxam123

xxam123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:blink: :help: :) :rofl: :rofl: :help: :lol: :D :) ok i play call of duty i can join a game but what makes me realy mad is it will not lat me make one i go to start ur own server i make it a internet game and when i get every thing ready i hit start
game it brings that stuped CoD kicks me off call of duty plz help me plz!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

Edited by xxam123, 06 January 2007 - 01:40 PM.

Chris Man

Chris Man

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yea... I have no clue why this is happening to me but... I used to be abel to play call of duty multiplayer but then i played halo online after that for pc.
When I did i wanted to play call of duty again but for some reason when i tryed to play it first a yellow box said continue in safe mode yes no or cancle then i clicked no, then a blue box came up saying continure in safe mode again yes or no this one didn't say cancle so then i clicked yes, it went to the black screen about to load up but then it didn't an error report popped up saying Debug which i tryed and did nothng send report which i tryed or dont send then it went off please help me to figure out the problem to play again iv'e tryed to uninstall then install again but it didnt work please help.

Thanks,

Chris

Ldog

Ldog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, can you help me out? when ever I click on a server it comes up with "Error code_post_gfx_mp.ff is different from this server" Co-op works fine its just multiplayer on COD 5

epcarmichael

epcarmichael

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I love Call of Duty, but my game crashed and now everytime i try to play it says "It appears that Call of Duty did not quit properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode?"

so i've tried running it in both modes and neither work. It goes to a screen that says CodMP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Single player works fine, i don't understand it. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it's very frustrating, i was just gettin good and now i can't even play.

Edited by epcarmichael, 01 December 2008 - 05:28 PM.

Advertisements

VinalX

VinalX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi...I need your help...
I've installed COD2 in my laptop, and it works fine....It works fine until i'm kicked out of the server and the following message appears: " Server Disconected- vinalx PunkBuster kicked 'vinalx'(for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failuire: PnkBstrA.exe"
This happens 99,9% of the times....In every single server except for 1... Im not sure what to do....because i really want to play with my friends and most times i cant... :)
What should i do...? :)
I hope you can help... :)

Attached Thumbnails

• kicker.jpg

VinalX

VinalX

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I love Call of Duty, but my game crashed and now everytime i try to play it says "It appears that Call of Duty did not quit properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode?"

so i've tried running it in both modes and neither work. It goes to a screen that says CodMP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Single player works fine, i don't understand it. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it's very frustrating, i was just gettin good and now i can't even play.

That used to happen to me... Since it had a problem last time, it ( COD2) would take a whole lot of time to start... SO i used to press " ALT + TAB" to go and do something else while it didn't start and then a message would appear.. The same message that appears to you... And then i would do the same thing and the result would be the same and so on and on... I think that's what's happening to you....If it isnt sorry, if it is, it's simple to resolve...You just have to wait until that starts in the page...u cant do something else while that happens... U cant press " ALT + TAB"...Just be patient whille the server doesnt start...If you wait then u can just exit the game normally and next time u try and go into a server it will be fast...
Hope i helped you

cod_gamer321400

cod_gamer321400

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a problem with cod multiplayer too well ill go to multi player illl go to a server then itll start loading then it will sorry cd key in use i checked my seiral it said its valid help idk what to do :dumb: isnt it

seamaster

seamaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i got also a problem. evry time i want to play call of duty united offensive multiplayer.he says 'waiting for responding masterserver'. and it just stays the same. it doesn't change :)
could somwane help me, please? :)

Edited by seamaster, 05 May 2010 - 06:41 AM.

Dekibrat

Dekibrat

• Pip
  • 1 posts

COD I enter the multiplayer and press some server and start entering the server and just get me back to the start without any rescues