Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W32/Alcan.worm!p2p found 4 days ago

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

deliriumcolor

deliriumcolor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
No problem, trevuren. all i got is time.

Advertisements

deliriumcolor

deliriumcolor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I was doing some searching and I think I came up with a couple of interesting things.

#1, I don't think I have the SP1 or SP2 installed. I was at microsoft.com and looking in the ie6 area and found a link for the problem I was having. They said it had to do with a problem in the service pack. i downloaded the patch and went i tried to install it a message popped up saying that i didn't have sp1 installed. I went to my control pannel and looked in the section for adding and removing programs. I found service pack 2, but it had no information to it, in other words, I couldn't uninstall it.

Now, i never remember getting a notice of getting the service pack 2. But from what i was reading on that website there seems to be alot of problems with ie and the service packs.

maybe i need to reinstall ie?

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
We will be cleaning out your computer including your COOKIES. These are often the cause with Hotmail and Yahoo problems

1. Please click HERE to download System Security Suite.

2. Extract it from the zip file into a folder and doubleclick on sss.exe.

3. Check the boxes under the 'Items to Clear' tab and click 'Clear Selected Items'.

4. Reboot when prompted.

5. Try out those sites now.

6. Please provide update on problem (If resolved or not)

Regards,

Trevuren

deliriumcolor

deliriumcolor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I am sorry, my computer cannot go to that site. I keep getting the same messages as usual.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Try HERE

This is a different program that will essentially do the same work. Make sure Cookies will be cleaned.

Trevuren

deliriumcolor

deliriumcolor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Done. Tried out the internet and same problems with same sites.

Jamica

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Back to the drawing board

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Another procedure to try. I will quote the author directly:

is it just secure sites that the victim cannot access? I f so, i have seen this happen when even though the IE settings are OK, the Firewall settings are blocking the access, in particular I have seen it happen with ZA. I cured that one by adding the sites required to ZA's trusted zone

I beleive that you are using McAfee firewall? If so read the help file on how to add sites to the Trusted Zone.

Please tell me how it goes. I would walk you through it but I don't use that product.

Regards,

Trevuren

deliriumcolor

deliriumcolor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Trevuren,

I have mcaffee virus, but actually the firewall has never worked. I don't think I ever bought it. But i definatelly have the virus protection. my firewall is good old windows xp home firewall.

Jamica

BTW, still the same problems. I downloaded firefox to see if maybe another browser would help, still cannot access the websites. Even when I google the page I can't go there. Even cannot go there if it is a second or third page in.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Try this -

With all browser windows closed,

Go to Start->Run and copy and paste each of the following, hitting ok after each:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Reboot, then try to access the sites that were giving you problems again.

Regards,

Trevuren

Advertisements

deliriumcolor

deliriumcolor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ok, did all that. Still the same results. :tazz:

Jamica

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Well you may apparently have router/modem problems both of which are out of my domain which is malware removal. I suggest that you consult our other forums in the hope that they can resolve your problem.

Regards,

Trevuren