Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS UPDDATES

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I am trying to install Windows XP Home Edition
Nothing happens when I turn the computer on with the XP CD in its drive. It just continues to show the ME. I am using the upgrade version of XP
Had everything I was supposed to unplugged, etc.
Updating the BIOS Flashing was suggested as a way to get the cd to work when i turn it on with the xp cd in the drive.
When I tried to do this I got the error message that there are installed memory managers and to exit.
I do not have a way to do the floppy disckette thing.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sorry about the typos. can't edit since I can't see this little stuff but I don't want anyone to think I am shouting.
After nearly 2 mos. of not being able to get back in working order after reinstalling the ME and finding out it doesn't support my bookkeeping software updates, I wouldn't have the energy to shout anyway.

That was a long way of saying that I am going to the XP so I can get the bookkeeping software installed and get my ONE client taken care of. He is tired of asking every AM if I'm back up yet. Fiscal year is breathing down my neck and the state wants their sales tax from him too. :tazz:

Pleeeeze help. ;) ;)

Advertisements

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
:tazz: just wanted to say that i will be going to the XP forum from now on. Finally successful with a $2.50 battery change just to be sure if that could be the bios/cmos problem. after about 1000 steps we made it and that was the last one for that process. now, it is on to the bookkeeping challenge.
Thought maybe someone else would like to try the battery solution when they get into similar situation.
;) :help: ;) :help: :help:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Glad to here you found the problem. Little things like CMOS batteries and power supply voltages can cause weird problems.