please check the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties, and see if both of your computers correspond.
you may access it by:
1. Right-click on "My Network Places" seen on the desktop of your pc. Then click on "Properties".
2. You'll see a "Local Area Connection" item. Right-click on it, then click on "Properties".
3. Then a dialog "Local Area Connection Properties" appears. There you'll see a list of items with check-boxes.
4. Click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" item. Then click on the "Properties" button.
5. The TCP/IP Properties will then show up. Under the "Use the following IP address", fill-in the "IP address" field, with whatever you want. Then also fill-in the "Subnet mask". The "IP address" must be unique on the computers connected, but the "Subnet mask" must be the same. The "Default gateway" must be the IP address of the pc that connects directly outside into the internet (e.g. a server), but it's not necessary if any of your pc is not connecting to the internet, just a simple network.
6. Then click on "OK" button.
7. You may now try to access each pc.
below is an example of the "IP address" and "Subnet mask" to be used:PC1
IP address: 184.108.40.206
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0PC2
IP address: 220.127.116.11
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
that's all for now... i hope it will you very much...