Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Home Network Problem

• Please log in to reply

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Under which Tab under Folder Options is "Use Simple File Sharing". I don't see it. Every computer is in the same work group, "WORKGROUP".

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
I use X-setup for all this type of thing cause its more easier to find and you can work on ALL aspects of the computer.

Here is the website for if you do want it: http://www.x-setup.net/

For the workgroup one, do the following:

Right click on the My Computer on your desktop,
Go to Proerties,
Click on the Computer Name Tab. It will tell you there what the work group name is.

If you need to change it mate click on the change button in that is in that tab, and change the Workgroup name to something that the other computers are set to.

You might have to reply that computer after doing this.

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I checked and the workgroup name is correct. The problem machine, which my daughter uses at college, is running Novel GroupWise 6.5. Here at home I or she logins to Novel as Work Station only so I assumed that I would then be able to have the machine be part of my home network Workgroup. If I don't login to Novel, I doubt the computer will let me in. Is it possible to have a Window XP computer that operates on both a Domain network and a Workgroup where one choses which at login? That's what I thought logging in as Work Station only would accomplish.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
To be honest Im not sure about novel cause i just use the windows login or none at all.