Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with ATI Radeon X700 pro

• Please log in to reply

Larry_741

Larry_741

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently upgraded the video card in my computer from an ATI Radeon X300 to an ATI X700 pro. It worked fine for the first few days, then I installed the Catalyst 5.5 drivers for the card, and restarted the computer to finish installing the drivers. When the computer came back on, everything seemed to work fine, except the monitor says that there is no video input. I have out my old card back in, downloaded and installed Catalyst 5.6 drivers for the card, and my X700 still does not work. Any advice on how to fix this problem will be much appreciated.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Go to http://www.drivercleaner.net/ and get Driver Cleaner (it is free). Then go to add/remove programs and remove the current ATI driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then re-boot and install the current driver for the new card.