Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP SESSION Statistics

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, I need some advice about something that seems to have taken root here in my pc.

I use Zone Alarm, and here lately every time that I log onto the internet Zone Alarm throws up an advisory telling me that "IP SESSION Statistics, IPClient.exe" is trying to access the internet, and I deny it every time.

I have no earthly idea what that file is, nor where it came from. Does anyone have any information about that file?

Like where it might have come from? What it does? and Can I delete it without killing my pc?

Thanks to anyone who might be able to tell me anything about it. Wendy

Advertisements

TwiztidNinja

TwiztidNinja

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
i would guess spyware let me consult google...

seems to be a program from verizon wireless

http://www.liutiliti...brary/ipclient/

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, Thanks for that information, I had already did the google thing and found all of that stuff. Shoot I still have no idea how it got into my pc, or what it does.

I have never used verizon wireless, so my question is "can I delete it without killing my pc?" If anyone knows the answer to that, please let me know.
Thanks Wendy

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Hello.

Did a search for the IPClient.exe file on the Bleeping Computer Startup List - seems that this entry is more malware than anything else. Go here for the exact details.

Congratulations, you did the right thing by not allowing the file to connect to the Internet. Definitely delete it - it doesn't do anything for your PC, what is more worrying is what it can do to your PC.

EDIT: Sorry, turns out that the link I posted doesn't take you to the search results page - only to the search page. You could do a search for that entry yourself, I suppose. Anyhow, here are the details of the IPClient.exe file:

Name IPInSightLAN 01
Filename ipclient.exe
Status X
Description Installed with Verizon DSL accounts. IP Insight is a Quality of Service monitor and diagnostic tool that isn't required - see here for more information. This one constantly "phones home" and wastes resource - hence the "X" status

Hope that helps! :tazz:

Edited by cassykins, 26 June 2005 - 03:29 AM.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi cassykins, Thanks for the input, but something is off here. Shoot I just had to reinstal my bellsouth dial up service, and that IPInsightLAN 01 file was something that got installed right along with my service.

Shoot I guess that I had better contact bellsouth about that file expescially since I do not have DSL yet. Thanks for the link, I'll check there too. Bye Wendy