Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Post 52 Xp wont satrt?

• Please log in to reply

ninertexanfan

ninertexanfan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
. I just bought A chaintech ct-7njL6 it uses the Phoenix-Award Bios. I had two new hard drives and tried installing xp on both of them they kept getting hung up and eventually would say it was shutting down to protect my computer. I then pulled the H.D I am working on now and puit it in the new system and it would say the xp was unable to start. I can enter the bios. The memory sticks of which I have two 256mb both seem to register and test fine during the startup it also shows my processor. I have moved the sticks around and have even tried using just one. It will not let xp start I get code post 52 it is not the keyboard, mouse, video card, monitor, hard drive cable or dvd burner as I have exchanged these all. It is not the Hard drive because as you can see it works fine. I may be stuck because I already mailed in the rebates and killed the boxes on the motherboard and cpu any idea what to do? I bought them both from tigerdirect and they were new.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What are they SATA or IDE, have you put them in an array? Have you tried just one drive you shouldnt try and install it over two just one. Your old one wont work because it will have the wrong drivers on it.

ninertexanfan

ninertexanfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
There IDE thanks a lot on the old wont work because.. Didnt know that. I have tried just the one. I think it may be a power problem see why does mouse have power post. Basically the blue light on mouse light up with nothing connected not even the power switch cords just the power to the motherboard. 14 hours yesterday four hours of sleep and I just thought does it have to have a floppy 3.5 drive? I am about to re-install motherboard re seed the processor and change the power supplywith the one from this case if that does not work I will buy a new motherboard and see how many hits this chaintech can take from a baseball bat before it shatters.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I have never really heard of chaintech before they are US only, when buying something as important as a mobo i would always go with the leading maufacturers MSI ABIT GIGABYTE and for intels also ASUS. What PSU have you got is it enough to power them. If there is a problem contact the manufacturer they might be able to help you and if its still under warranty then you can send it back to them and they will give you a new working one.

Oh try updating your bios that solves alot of problems usually.

Edited by warriorscot, 25 June 2005 - 07:57 AM.

sdwillie

sdwillie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
There's a BIOS setting that stops the boot process with any POST error. Reboot, pull up your BIOS setup, look in 'standard CMOS features' and check the 'Halt On' level. Post Code 52 shouldn't prevent your machine from powering up, but it can trigger this.

And your old drive will work just fine, it just won't take full advantage of the board without having new drivers installed.

Edited by sdwillie, 04 July 2005 - 10:57 AM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You can't install XP on one system and then pull the hdd and put it in another system.. Nothing will jive and XP will refuse to start..

Re-install XP in the system you want it to work in or use the XP cd and run a repair from the Recovery Console!!

Murray

Mrdew

Mrdew

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought the same system from Tiger Direct. I sent the first board back, it wouldn't boot even with all new components. Installed new Sempron CPU with guard they company sent but it wouldn't boot correctly. Removed shim and it boots just fine.