Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help: looking for an internal HD for my toshiba 14

• Please log in to reply

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Dear members:

can you please help me figure out what internal 9.7 mm (can u tell me please how much is that in inches?) should i get for my toshiba 1400-s151? I am looking for that has at least 20 GB, great unique features, and at least 1 and half warranty. I don't care about getting more GB for your dollar because i have an external 120 GB hard drive (seagate). so that don't matter. what i do care is it has to be realiable, fast, and has unique or different feature other drives don't have. Therfore please let me know, in your opinion, which are the best ones to get? thank you very much

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts

what i do care is it has to be realiable, fast, and has unique or different feature other drives don't have

Since you are putting this in a standardized laptop, you had best start thinking about standardization instead of "unique or different". There are a lot places where one can buy laptop drives. It sounds like your restriction could be height so try to stay within the 9.5mm standard. Yes, I read your 9.7mm spec.

There are 2.54cm or 25.4mm to an inch - you can do the math if you want a conversion but since all laptop drive heights are measured in mm, its a pretty worthless figure when converted to "inches".

:tazz:

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
well it on detail specs it only gives height which is 9.7 mm (sorry!) so i am restricted to height. i checked it says 9.7 mm height is only 0.38 inches, but please correct me if i am wrong. also, can utell me what do umean by getting a standardization instead of unique and different hd?

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
I believe my previous answer said it all. Perhaps you have a friend who could explain what I said.

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
okay i understand. however will u just tell me please will a 2.5 inches will fit in my laptop thats all i want to know

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Yes, provided it also meets the height specification. 2.5" drives with 44 pin connectors are commonly used in laptops.

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
okay i understand now. however, i just like toknow do i really need a internal hd because ihave a 120 gb external seagate hd (which is really an intenal hd ide but used as an external hd with a external case). so do u think i can just install the window xp and other toshiba programs from the recovery cd in the and boot it up as an internal hd?

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts

okay i understand now. however, i just like toknow do i really need a internal hd because ihave a 120 gb external seagate hd (which is really an intenal hd ide but used as an external hd with a external case).

Yes

so do u think i can just install the window xp and other toshiba programs from the recovery cd in the and boot it up as an internal hd?

No

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
can you tell me why is that please? is it because my external hd is seagate (if i get toshiba and install in the exernal case as master will i be able it install window xp and other toshiba software from recovery cd)?