Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't start SYSTEM RESTORE

• Please log in to reply

Mistar

Mistar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI All....
I have a major problem with my computer!!! My computer wasn't working as i should, so i used the system restore to a day when it worked.... The progress was working fine until the computer restarted and was starting windows. Then it froze... all i could do was restart again... now some maps are empty and some programs don't work.. and worst of all, i can't use my system restore, it simply won't start or open???? Can anyone help me please!!!

Advertisements

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Can you use system restore in safemode? Reboot and hit F8 repeatedly until the menu comes up and then select safe mode. If you can use system restore in safe mode then choose a different restore point and restore. If you can't I'd suggest doing a non-destructive restore which you can learn about HERE.

Mistar

Mistar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi...
No i can't use system restore in safe mode.... i will try the other thing you said... and return with my answer... thanks..