Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nav autoprotect unable to start

• Please log in to reply

tcjay

tcjay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using Windows XP. When my computer boots, Windows loads and then a blank screen appears with the message.

"Nav Auto protect is unable to start.

Unable to allocate thread data. You may need to reinstall Norton Anti Virus to corrrect the problem."

Since I cannot get beyound this screen, I am stuck. The computer has my general ledger files from prior years which I need.

I am desperately in need of help. :tazz: TIA TOM

Note: I did find this post: http://www.geekstogo...av auto protect but unfortunately, I am lock out of my system altogether. I just have error message on my screen

Edited by tcjay, 25 June 2005 - 04:37 AM.

Advertisements

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Can you get into safemode? Restart the computer and hit the F8 key repeatedly until a menu comes up and then choose safemode. If you can get in safe mode uninstall Norton from there and then reboot and reinstall.