Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't access Amazon and Paypal websites

• Please log in to reply

wacky

wacky

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
My Firefox browser is working fine in that I can access all the sites except the two mentioned in the title. The error I get is 'connection was refused when trying to connect to www.amazon.co.uk'.

Could someone please give me pointers what could be wrong here.

Thanks,

Wacky

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Hmmm...user gundlion also seems unable to access those two websites as well. Could Amazon and Paypal be having problems with their servers, do you think?? o_O

wacky

wacky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with those 2 sites. Other people can confirm that.

Regards
Wacky

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Yes, you are right. I just visited the Amazon website myself and there's nothing wrong with it. :tazz:

Anyhow. Did you try clearing out all of your history/temporary Internet files/cookies, then reloading the pages in a fresh browser window? That can, at times, resolve any problems with accessing websites. Try disabling any security programs such as firewalls and software that offers real-time protection, too.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
hi there!
Could be a problem with cookies! Try clearing history, cache and cookies

cheers
:tazz:

forumslog

forumslog

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem too, I couldn't access Paypal for a couple of days, I thought their server must be down 'cause I can access other websites very well, suddenly I asked my friend to try it, there was no problem, it's my IE that must have something wrong. I cleaned cookies, cashe, temp file, almost everything, but the problem still exists, what can I do?

forumslog

forumslog

• Pip
  • 2 posts
and also I closed all the firewalls, antivirus software, anti-spyware, etc, but I still can't access Paypal.