Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Setup Problems

• Please log in to reply

ifti1000

ifti1000

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello...... ;)

My windows XP was going crazy so i tried to format my hard disk to install a new windows xp and while formating is got a message saying:

Now i have tried using the SCSI disk utility to format the disk, but the following message is displayed:

"Please wait
Depeding on your disk capacity formating may take one minute to several hours"

When I tried deleting the drive from widows xp setup cd....an error message was given and the new windows setup halted.

Now I am again trying to use the Adaptec AHA SCSI-2940U2 SCSI select Utility, but the please wait message is blinking, and it has been hours and no disk activity is there.

Please Help.... :tazz:

Thank you

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
totally unfamiliar with this adapter, but ust you format using the utility? Can you not simply use the scsi driver to let windows hook up with it, and then let windows do the format?

ifti1000

ifti1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanx 4 reply
the prob. is solved....after a lot of wait it finally did the formating and now everything is fine..
Cheers mate........ :tazz: