Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems installing win 98

• Please log in to reply

fernsy

fernsy

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
hi

iam trying to install 98. it all installs just about to come on2 desktop when i get a error saying carnt load explorer and tells me 2 reinstall windows which ive done but still the same

hope somone can help

should i delete the current partition and start over booting from floppy

Edited by fernsy, 25 June 2005 - 09:47 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Questions, questions? How much ram memory do you have in your computer? How much hard drive space is available? Are you trying to do a clean install with nothing else on the drive? When it says it can't load explorer, that means it can't put it into ram. If you can see the POST (power on self test) screen it might tell you these things. You may have to press del, F1, F2 tab or esc to see the POST screen, depending on the type of computer. It may tell you during boot up.

fernsy

fernsy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
hi

i just built a pc with 128mb ram 10 gig hdd 1.3gig amd duron and i am trying to do a fresh install of 98

Edited by fernsy, 26 June 2005 - 10:36 AM.

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
man no worries just read the tutorial of clean installation of 98 all problems covered there .