Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 98 reinstalliation problems

• Please log in to reply

shotgun

shotgun

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Here is what happened. I was messing around on my computer and clicked on ems support dos mode thing im windows. it restarted my computer and it was in the Ems support dos window. it said type exit to return to windows so i typed it. when it restarted it went back to that same screen. it kept on doing that. So i decided to go into safe mode and reinstall windows 98. popped the cd in and the D:\ icon in my computer was gone. in the dos screen it sais invalid drive specification when i type d:\ . so i tried all of the other letters and still said the same thing. So i tried to format the drive and i did. bad mistake i didnt use a boot disk. Now i need suggestions on how to program windows on my hard drive.

Advertisements

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
To install Windows 98 you're going to need to boot off of the Windows 98 disk. We have a tutorial on installing Windows 98 HERE. This should set you up nicely but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Edited by Chadduss, 25 June 2005 - 10:40 AM.

shotgun

shotgun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
When i tried to do that in the BIOS under boot sequencethere are only two A and C now what should i do?

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
in the boot sequence does it resemble something like "A,C"? if so navigate the cursor overtop and hit the page up/down buttons until something like "CDROM,C,A" comes up.

victor408

victor408

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having the same problem but when I toggle the only difference is what order the A and C appear in.

Victor408