Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help setting up a new website

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok guys. I have a web site for my gaming clan that currently is hosted on a really cheap host. basically its an "instant site" using phpnuke and mysql. Site for dummies really.

however we have certain level of expactions for service and what to be able to do more with the site than what we could there. There is no real data that needs to be moved over other than some of our phpnuke themes wich is no big deal.

Howver our new provider setus up with everthing to get started only we have to setup phpnuk and mysql ourselves. I'm a noob with this and need to get some help. Its no problem to manage the site once we can login to php admin and go from there, but getting there is the issue.

I know I can download phpnuke and then ftp it up to a folder on my site but after that im clueless in what I need to do after that. any help is appreciated. If you want to help to design the website just let me know.

Thanks,

Starjax

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
http://phpnuke.org/m...stallation.html

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I wasn't too clear as to whether you already have PHPNuke set up on an old site. You mentioned themes for it. If you have PHPNuke set up already, why not transfer it? Otherwise, you will have to do it the way ditto mentioned. It's a long and tedious process if you really want to customize the pages and you need to read the instructions because it will not tolerate sloppy code.

Ron

jeff1234

jeff1234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Please read you post before submitting them, and check you spelling. It is hard to give good advice when the question is not completely clear. :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Thanks Ditto. thats what I was looking for.

For those who didn't understand me the first time. We had our site hosted by hostitcheap.com. good place to get to know how to run a phpnuke site. But the emphasis on cheap. very little support and the site is really slow. At the moment we only use it for news posting and info. Stuff all handled by the main page. see http://teamv4v.com/ it will take 30-40 seconds to bring up.

The new site requires much more attention to detail. Everything has to be done by hand. No nifty scripts to setup phpnuke.

I'm not worried about porting anything over from the old site. With a much better host we will be able to do a lot more.

Thanks,
Starjax

jeff1234

jeff1234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Sorry if that sounded rude, was not meant that way. Great site.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
thanks. no offense taken. I just hope that in a few weeks our new site can be up .... and better looking... :tazz: